Friday, October 21, 2011

3 KM...

Any person sets goals for themselves, and I'm no different - my list of goals is continually being added to. Current state of my list of goals: get my BA in Psychology, get a PhD in Clinical Psychology, become a pediatric psychologist for chronically ill children, run a 5K, write a book - and oh yeah, go to Peru and climb Machu Picchu in March.


It's good to have goals - but sometimes it makes it more painful to have a laundry list of wants when my body insists on being broken. Having spent the last month in the hospital, it's difficult to try to incorporate reality into goals and dreams and make compromises. As the first post stated, I am incredibly stubborn and I find it impossible to delay my dreams to deal with my reality.


And I think that's in part why going to Peru is so important to me. The first time I found out about it, I was headed off to the ER with a partial bowel obstruction, but as soon as I saw the awareness trip opportunity, I was ready to head to Peru right there and then. The pain of the obstruction was diluted by the excitement of the trip, it was all I could think about, it was all I wanted to do. Achieving a goal is an amazing thing for anyone, but all the more meaningful when I live on time that isn't always my own.


I am so excited about the 3 KM that have been sponsored so far - step by step, KM by KM, I will get to Peru and check it off my list!


Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment